The modern world is filled with pollution. With industries and cars increasing at an exponential rate, taking care of your own skin becomes a difficult necessity. While dermatology has come a long way and this industry is flourishing, finding the right skin care products is becoming more and more difficult each passing day. There are so many great skincare brands, with so many products, it is difficult to choose one that will suit your skin type.
This problem manifests when you are out looking for a face wash for oily skin. It is extremely common for face washes to react adversely with the skin, giving rise to pimples. On the other hand, they might also wash off the essential oils and moisture on your skin and make it dry and cracked. You need to find the product which suits your skin type and does not cause any unwanted side effects. You might also want to go for natural and ethical products which do not harm animals. Here are a few of the best face washes available in the market for oily skin:
The Best Face Wash Products
CeraVe is a household name and its skincare range is among the best in the world. The CeraVe Facial Cleanser is a face wash specially created with the help of dermatologists to cleanse and moisturise oily skin. Containing the three essential ceramides,this face wash cleans and removes oil without destroying or harming the skin barrier. It also aids in building up the skin’s protective barrier by keeping it hydrated with its advanced, patented controlled-release technology. This face wash contains Niacinamide which helps to calm the skin and is non-drying. It also causes no irritation and is non-comedogenic, which means that it does not clog the natural pores in the skin. Its gentle foam refreshes and rejuvenates your skin like no other face wash. This particular face wash is ideal for oily skin but can also be used on normal skin.
- It contains the three crucial ceramides, 1, 3 and 6-ii which hydrate the skin and protect the skin’s natural barrier.
- The Facial cleanser has been crafted with dermatologists and CeraVe’s patented controlled-release technology.
- It contains Niacinamide, which helps relax and calm the skin down for better blood circulation and cleansing.
- This facewash is non-irritating, non-drying and does not clog the skin’s natural pores.
- It removes the excess oil from the face while at the same time, refreshing your face.
- It cleanses and moisturises your skin and is probably the most well-rounded face wash that you will ever need.
- The face wash is thick and can cause acne.
Biore brings to you its deep pore charcoal cleanser. This particular face wash contains natural charcoal. Charcoal is known to collect and trap impurities. The face wash also has an advanced Japanese Skin Purifying Technology which can clean the pores of your skin twice as better than any other face wash, but at the same time does not dry out your pores. It is best suited to oily skin and deep-cleans pores, while at the same time absorbing the excess oil in your skin. Its skin purifying technology has been tested to ensure that it does not cause any kind of irritation to your skin. It has selective cleaning molecules that only draw out the impurities and the excess oil from your skin and not the skin’s natural moisture. Additionally this face wash is non-comedogenic and has been tested and certified by dermatologists.
- It is an advanced charcoal cleanser. It contains charcoal which draws out and traps impurities from deep inside the skin.
- It has an advanced Japanese Skin Purifying Technology which can clean twice as many impurities from your pores, than other face washes, considering you use it daily.
- It is perfectly suited for oily skin, but can also be used by those with normal skins.
- It has something called selective cleansing which essentially clears out only the impurities and the excess oil from your face, and leaves the natural moisture intact.
- It can cause irritation to certain skin types and in cases has even caused pimples.
The Effaclar face wash from the house of La Roche-Posay is a tried and tested product. This particular face wash is essentially a gel face wash for oily, acne-prone skin. It cleanses the skin of all impurities and washes off the excess oil without toying with the natural pH level of your skin. It contains no oil and has a unique Zinc Pidolate formula which purifies your skin gently with the foam washing away the oil without drying your skin up. This particular face wash is not just oil-free, it is also free of alcohol and soap. It has been tested on oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin and is non-comedogenic. It does not affect the natural moisture of the skin and just clears away the excess oil and the impurities, leaving your face feeling fresh and rejuvenated.
- It is a gel face wash which is suitable for oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- It has a special technology which makes sure that in cleaning the impurities on the face, it does not adversely affect the pH level of your skin.
- It has a Zinc Pidolate formula which is great for purifying the skin without drying it out of its natural moisture.
- It is non-comedogenic, oil-free, soap free and does not contain alcohol.
- It refreshes your skin and helps it take in more oxygen.
- It has been seen to make things worse on acne-prone skin, and is not suitable for skin which is too sensitive.
The Cetaphil Pro Oil Removing Face Wash is an instant foaming face wash which deep cleans oily skin and extracts impurities from deep inside the pores. It also clears out pores clogged by impurities, makeup and oil. This Cetaphil Pro Face wash is perfect for oily skin but also works perfectly alright on combination skin. It contains root extracts of Licorice and has a specially designed zinc technology which helps in reducing skin irritation and calms down the skin. It is also free of paraben and is great at reducing excess oils without necessarily robbing the skin off of its essential moisture or hampering the pH level of your skin. It moisturises your skin and increases blood circulation, leaving your face healthier and cleaner than before. It is advisable to use this foam wash twice daily.
- This face wash is a foaming face wash and cleans your face immaculately.
- It clears out the pores of your skin and removes the makeup, impurities and excess oil stuck inside the pores.
- Which it cleans out the pores. It does not clog those itself.
- It is designed by dermatologists for oily skin but is also suitable for combination and acne-prone skin.
- It has licorice root extracts which soothes the skin and the zinc technology makes sure that the pH level of the skin is not disturbed.
- This particular face wash is paraben-free and does not take away the essential oils and moisture in the skin.
- This face wash does not work for people with non-oily skin.
The peppermint tea tree face wash by Beauty is a natural face wash which combines a whole lot of natural ingredients to remove excess oil, impurities and toxins to keep your skin acne free. It contains Aloe Vera Leafjuice to draw out the toxics and the antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties of the Tea Tree Oil helps fight acne and dermatitis. It also contains orange oil and peppermint to refresh your skin and make it glowing, fragrant and beautiful. It does not overdry the skin and does not cause breakouts. It removes the dirt from your skin and pressure-washes your pores for optimum cleansing of the skin. It is also completely natural, sulfate-free and completely vegan. It makes sure that you only get the best quality, tested product.
- This particular foaming face wash is a natural face wash for oily and normal skin types.
- It contains the best quality natural materials and is vegan, free of sulfate and is not tested on animals.
- It contains tea tree oil which is antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral. This means that it is great against breakouts, acne and eczema.
- It has Aloe Vera Leaf Juice that pulls out toxins from the skin and keeps it fresh and rejuvenated.
- It pressure-washes your pores, and the orange oil and the peppermint help your face breathe and add a beautiful glow.
- This product is rather expensive for a face wash.
This particular face wash is a deep pore purifying face wash which contains VItamin C, vitamin E and a blend of tropical citric acids which make your face glow. It is free of parabel and harmful dyes and is not tested on animals. It has lime which exfoliates skin and makes your skin smoother. It also has orange and grapefruit which help remove the excess oil and deep-clean the pores, while the vitamin C clears acne and brightens up your skin. It also removes dead skip and penetrates the pores right to the base to remove any bacterial formation that might be harmful for the skin. It however does not remove any essential oils and help maintain the pH balance of the skin. It has antiseptic features and is rich in antioxidants which refresh and rejuvenate your skin.
- It is a gluten-free natural face wash loaded with vitamins, C and E, along with various citric acids, extracted from grapefruits, limes and oranges.
- This face wash is paraben-free, and is completely vegan.
- It has active Vitamin C which clears out pores and removes acne.
- It has lime extracts which help to exfoliate the skin and smoothen it out.
- The orange and grapefruit remove the extra oil and impurities from the skin.
- It is great for Oily skin and can also be used on combination skin.
- This face wash also helps maintain the pH level of the skin and protects the essential moisture of the skin.
- If you have sensitive skin, it tends to dry out the skin and rob it off the essential moisture.
Buying Guide for Face Wash
With the sheer influx of brands in the market, deciding on which product to buy has become nearly impossible. Face washes are a risky buy, because if the one you buy, does not suit your skin, it will harm you and you will not be able to see the side effects the moment you start using it. It usually takes some time to manifest and it can be a bit too late by the time you realise that the face wash does not suit you.
You need to be careful about the product you buy and keep certain things in mind before deciding on a face wash to buy. Here are a few things you should check out before you buy a face wash:
- It is very important to buy a face wash from a brand or company that you trust. You might have used products from certain brands in the past, and if those have suited your skin, chances are their face wash will too.
- Make sure that the face wash you choose is made specifically for oily skin and not normal or dry skin.
- If you are allergic to gluten, check if the face wash you choose is gluten-free.
- If you have sensitive skin, you might want to steer clear of synthetic and artificial products and instead go for natural products,
- Check out if the face wash you are buying has any component that you might be allergic to.
- Read the usage instructions before buying the face wash and make sure that it meets your standards.
In the 21st century, buying something as simple as a face wash hass become a task. However that is not without good reason. Most face washes these days do not work as intended and with the dirt and pollution all around, if you have oily skin, you need to make sure that your face wash suits your skin and is from a brand that you trust. Follow the buying guide given above and check out the products listed. Those are among the best face washes in the market for oily skin.